As a homeowner in or around Ellicott City, you know the importance of having a functioning heater in your home. Not only does it provide comfort, but also it keeps your family safe during the cold season. This is why getting regular heater maintenance and repair services is so integral for your home. At Buric Heating and Air Conditioning we are your expert heating repair company. We offer upfront pricing and reliable services that you can count on.
Best of all, we like to help our customers save on services using our coupons and heater maintenance specials.
5 Symptoms of a Heater in Need of Repairs
While you may know to call for heating repair in Ellicott City when your system is not working, did you know there are other symptoms that can tip you off before you’re faced with an emergency? Five of the most common signs that your heater is in need of repairs include:
- High Energy Costs: Your heater, especially during the winter, will be one of the largest consumers of electricity. However, if you see that your utility bill is higher than usual, then there may be a more serious heater issue. An inefficient heater will pull more power just to function properly, which translates into more energy spent.
- Poor Airflow: If you start to notice that the airflow in your home is low, then you may be facing two issues. Either the heater is not strong enough to produce the amount of airflow to heat your entire home, or there is a problem with your ductwork. Unless your home is old, more often than not the heater is to blame.
- Noisy Operation: Your heater should make some amount of noise while working, but if you start to hear clunking, grinding, or excess whirring noises, then there may be a mechanical failure in the unit. While the heater may still work, at some point it may break down completely.
- Regular Heater Repairs: At some point, your heater will require repairs, that’s just the reality of heaving the system in your home. If however you find that you’re constantly having to call a heating contractor, then the problem may be more severe.
- Heater Age: A heater, like any appliance in your home, has a specific life expectancy. You may notice that for heaters that are 10 years or older, they may begin to break down more frequently. While basic heater maintenance can extend the life of the unit, you may need to replace it completely sooner rather than later.
If you find that these symptoms are present in your home, it may be time to schedule an appointment for heater repair services. Our technicians arrive on time and ready to work, and will get to the bottom of your repair needs. Best of all, we offer upfront pricing, which takes the guesswork out of hiring a heating contractor for your home.
What is Included in Heater Maintenance?
The best way to prevent any major repairs with your unit is to get regular heater maintenance. A maintenance appointment should always begin with a thorough inspection of your heater. This will help locate any minor repairs, and also offer a heating contractor the chance to see the internal components of your unit.
Once the inspection is completed, a technician will be able to perform any minor repairs as needed. This could be the replacement of components or any wiring issues. After that, the heater will be resealed and should begin to operate at the highest efficiency possible.
When you work with Buric Heating and Air Conditioning, we can help to schedule heater maintenance at regular intervals. This will keep major repairs at bay, while also help you save money with a more energy efficient heating system.
Our customers remain customers for life, and you can see what they have to say about us on our reviews page. The next step is to schedule an appointment, so be sure to contact us today!
Schedule an Appointment Today
Next time you’re looking for heater repair in Ellicott City, look to our experts for help. We are your reliable heating repair and maintenance company and can work within your budget and schedule to get your homes central heating system back up and running.