With the cold winters in the Ellicott City area, it is important to have a boiler that is reliable and efficient. But even boilers that are just a few years old can develop problems as parts begin to age, and to keep your home comfortable and safe, you need a reliable HVAC contractor available when problems do occur.
At Buric Heating and Air Conditioning, you can count on our expert technicians for fast, reliable repairs or installation anywhere in the Ellicott City area. We work on all popular brands and models of boilers, and our NATE certified technicians have the experience to handle nearly any boiler problem.
Find out how you can save on top of our competitive prices with our coupons and deals.
Signs That You Need Boiler Repair
If your boiler breaks down, it can be a major inconvenience, leaving your home cool and uncomfortable while the system is repaired. In some cases, you can prevent a complete failure by paying attention to your boiler and recognizing the signs of an imminent problem. These can include:
- High utility costs – If your boiler is not working properly, it may use more energy, causing your utility bills to increase.
- Poor heating performance – When the boiler cannot heat your home properly or evenly, there may be a problem with the burners, radiators, radiant systems, or pressure controls.
- Frequent cycling – A boiler that turns on and off frequently may have overheating problems, heat loss, low water levels, abnormally high pressure, or control problems.
- Cool spots – If parts of your radiators, baseboard heaters, or radiant flooring are cooler than others, there may be excessive air in the system, corrosion, mineral accumulations, or water leaks.
- Strange noises – Abnormal noises like gurgling, banging, or rumbling could indicate excessive air, improper combustion, or other problems.
- Water leaks – Water leaks or abnormally high water bills may indicate that there is a plumbing, pressure relief valve, or heat exchanger leak.
If you notice these or any other signs of boiler problems, contact our team at Buric Heating and Air Conditioning. Our team will determine the cause of the problem quickly and offer the most cost-effective, reliable repair options for your needs. Our expert technicians can handle most common boiler problems, from replacing leaking pressure valves and failed water-regulators to repairing flue leaks and combustion problems.
The Importance of Boiler Maintenance
Routine boiler maintenance can help prevent many performance problems and system failures, while extending the life of your boiler and minimizing your energy costs. At Buric Heating and Air Conditioning, we offer convenient, affordable “Buric Club” maintenance plans that can make the process simple, with scheduled maintenance visits, service reminders, and discounts on many repairs.
Contact us to learn more about “Buric Club” membership!
When to Consider a New Boiler
Boilers can operate reliably for many years with proper maintenance, but as the system ages and repairs costs increase, it may be worth considering an early replacement. A new boiler may be worth the investment if any of the following are true:
- Age - Boilers that are over 10 or 15 years will likely require replacement sooner than later.
- Lack of efficiency - Older boilers are often less than 70 AFUE, while the latest models average from 80 to 90 AFUE and above.
- Expensive to operate - If you have high gas bills or repair costs, an upgrade may save you money in the long-term.
- Unreliable - When your boiler requires frequent repairs, or has significant problems, like a heat exchanger leak, it may be time to replace it.
- Not enough heat - If your boiler cannot keep your home warm, or produces uneven temperatures, an upgrade may be the best option.
At Buric Heating and Air Conditioning, our HVAC experts can examine your boiler and offer honest advice about your possible repair or replacement options. Should you choose to upgrade, our team can help you select the best system for you needs, and they can provide a long-lasting, professional installation that ensures your new boiler will be efficient and reliable, with proper maintenance.
Did your boiler break at an odd hour? Our heating experts are available for emergency heating repairs around the clock!
Why Choose Buric for Your HVAC Needs?
At Buric Heating and Air Conditioning, we are committed to the comfort of our customers, and we offer:
- Straightforward, upfront pricing
- Free estimates on system replacement and honest advice
- 16 years of trusted service in the Ellicott City area
- Friendly, NATE certified technicians
- Reliable, on-time service